Sunday, September 11, 2011

Anyone else DESPISE making the kids lunches??

Over the last 7 years I have been on a quest to make making lunches easier.  I have taught all my kids very young how to make their own lunches but still its always such an ordeal it seems.  This year I have narrowed it down to the fruits and vegetables who cause the problem.  I make the kids sandwiches and they do the rest.  They take apple sauce or yogurt, a sandwich,  a fruit, a vegetable, and ONE packaged snack.  Here's what I'm trying this year in order to eliminate the fruit/veg stress:


That's small snack bags of grapes, strawberries, oranges, cucumber, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and snap peas.
It took me about 20 minutes to prepare and last week I really believed it saved us 10 minutes/morning!
Anyone else have some lunch making tips??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just saw this same idea on another blog this week. It must be a sign from Heaven. Love the look of your crisper - so organised!!