Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another trip the the midwife

I had my weekly visit to the midwife this morning. It was not as pleasant as usual. Without going into all the gory details I got the test done that needed to be done, I got my membranes swept, and I got a bit of blood taken. Since I have such special veins they were unable to get enough blood to check my hemoglobin. I am going to have to go back to a lab and let them try. I am currently 2cm dilated but there is really no chance of me going into labour for a couple more weeks. I am completely unprepared if I do go into labour so lets hope I don't!
I still need to purchase a few things for the home birth but with me not working there is really no extra income. I am going to try really hard this weekend to get organized. I have asked my mommy to come motivate me on Saturday. She is great at all the organizing and putting away so I am really looking forward to her expert help!!
The kids both went to school today and are feeling much better I think.
Georgia and Lunden are still grumpy but I have realized it is not because they are sick. I noticed today Georgia has a new little toothy on the bottom and another one that is really close. When I saw that it got me thinking about Lunden's teeth. Last time we went to the dentist they said he still needed 3 more molars. I had a look in his little mouth and there were two nasty molars starting to poke through. So poor me!! I didn't even realize how bad I had it looking after the kids and all their various infections, two teething babies, and bronchitis. How do I do it??
Just kidding...
My kids are really good about teething. just a little grumpy for a couple days and it always seems to get better once I realize what it is.
So anyway looks like things are going to be heading back to normal. I am really looking forward to spring break and having all the kids home. We are going to the zoo on Tuesday but other than that we have no firm plans. Just get through the next two days and we are home free.....

1 comment:

Andrea with the Flipflops said...

Ah yes the TEST. How fun.

Poor teething babies! I feel for them but more for you! LOL.

It was GREAT seeing you yesterday. We need to have a playdate ... come over next week. Come play at our house... that way you don't have to clean.