Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Back at it

We got back to our normal busy schedule today. It was hard to get out of bed this morning but once I was up I felt OK. Xavier had a good day at school and finally brought home a book from school for home reading that was a little more challenging. I am amazed at how hard you have to push to get the education you want for your child. On the other hand I am glad I have realized early that teachers have a lot of students , and they won't really go above and beyond unless the parents request it. I am not in any way bashing teachers, I just think a lot is asked of them in general and sometimes you really need to push them to get what you want. I am not just saying this from my experience but from what I have heard from everyone around me with kids in school. I would put my kids in private school in a heart beat if I could even come close to being able to pay for it.
Anyway....
Klausine had a great day back to school after being away sick for the last week. They made some really cute Valentines day decorations to take home.
Lunden and Georgia are still pretty sick. They aren't sleeping well with their runny noses and coughs. I think the Tylenol and Motrin we have been giving Lunden before bed is really disrupting his sleep. The last few nights he has been having bad dreams, and talking A LOT in his sleep. It is actually really creepy waking up and hearing him talking in his bed. It will be nice when they are feeling better.
While I was at work tonight Carl took the kids to the John Deere exhibition at Heritage park. They were serving free hot dogs and had tons of tractors to look at. It sounds like they had a good time. I am not working tomorrow night so Carl wants to go back again for another free dinner!
Tomorrow is my first Foster Parent course and I am so excited. It has been a long time since we decided this is what we want to do but I am glad we are finally getting the ball rolling. After the course tomorrow night all the other courses will be in the spring.
I better get off to bed tomorrow is a busy busy day!

No comments: