Friday, May 30, 2008

Princess Klausine




The first thing that comes to mind when I think about Klausine is classic Disney princess. You know the princess who goes into the deep dark woods smiling and singing while the woodland creatures peer at her curiously? Klausine is the kind of little girl you dream about having when you find out you're having a little girl. She loves everyone and everything. She is so gentle and nurturing to her brothers and sisters. I love to watch her teaching her sisters how to play house and put on pretend make-up. She loves get all dolled up and have us ooh and ahh over her but given the chance she would splash in mud puddles with the boys too! Despite my best efforts Klausine's love for ballet has never developed. This year she gave it one last try but has decided rhythmic gymnastics is her passion. She knows I love watching her at ballet so I'm pretty sure she fakes her enthusiasm. Next year I have agreed to let her do just the gymnastics since Georgia seems to have the ballet passion I was looking for! I never have to worry about Klausine not being polite enough or getting into trouble when I'm not with her. Honestly, the only flaw I think Klausine has is her mother. You may think from the sounds of this post that Klausine enjoys royal treatment while the other kids only dream of being as perfect as her. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Poor sweet little Klausine gets so overlooked in out crazy life. She always seems to be left out or ignored but never complains or acts out. I take complete responsibility and have been making an effort to reward her for her good behaviour instead of overlooking her because she's not being bad. I'm ashamed to say it's a difficult thing for me to do. I can only hope I haven't ruined her too much and I can get my act together so she can go on bringing joy to everyone she comes in contact with!

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

What a lovely girl!
I have a child like that- my Teddy. He is such a good little boy that he tends to be over-looked because I am so busy fighting with everyone else. UGH
I just try to remind myself daily to just give him extra hugs and be sure he knows i love him. :)