Monday, May 12, 2008

Ali

I can't remember if I posted about Ali and I'm too lazy to go back and look through all my posts so I'll just tell the story again.
Last fall Christine's husband Ron called and asked if we wanted this stray dog the had found in the gravel pits at his work. I can never turn an animal away so I said sure. Ron brought the dog to the door and she walked upstairs and curled up in front of the TV with the kids and we all fell in love. She was a joy to have. She reminded us of our dog Charlie who was stolen from our backyard a couple years ago. After having her for just over a week her owners called and wanted her back. I'll admit I was devastated. They came and picked her up and she did not want to go with them. She cried and yelped as she put her in their truck. I told the guy to keep my number just in case they need a home for her. I knew it was a long shot and the guy looked at me kinda weird but I knew he should keep my number.
So a couple months ago, six months after this incident, I received a call from Ali's owner saying if we still wanted her we could have her. Apparently she hadn't eaten since they brought her home and they didn't want her to suffer anymore. I gladly went and picked her up and brought her home. She is thriving with our family and fitting in great as one of the kids! She has been steadily gaining weight and loving all the attention she's getting! Ali is not an outside dog! She does not like being alone EVER! In her old home she was an outside farm dog with little human contact. At our house she's one of the family. She goes everywhere with us and can be found under my feet while we're in the house. She has been a great addition to the family especially during these last few tough weeks!



No comments: