Monday, April 2, 2007

The whole story...






So Baby Calleigh is finally here. Yesterday morning I woke up at about 5am and had a back ache and felt a little sick. At around 7:30am I had a little spotting and called my midwife. We decided it would be best for her to meet us at the hospital to do a non stress test on the baby. We waited for my mom to get here then went to the hospital. We got there around 10 but had to wait about half an hour for the midwife who got rear ended on the way to meet us. We did the non stress test and everything looked great. My midwife wanted to check me before we left and when she did my water accidentally (wink, wink!), broke. Since there was quite a bit of mecconium in the fluid I had to be admitted right away. The contractions started a little while later but never got really terrible. The lady screaming in the room next to us kept me laughing until minutes before giving birth myself. I only had a handful of really good contractions and she was born.
Since we have such a wonderful midwife we were able to leave the hospital two and a half hours after the birth. We went and picked up the kids and headed out to my moms' house for dinner. My grandparents and Carl's mom and sister came by to check out the new addition. We had a nice visit with everyone and headed home.
I must say I feel so spoiled and luck to have such wonderful people in my life. My mom came out so fast to take care of the kids so we could get to the hospital. Then Christine and Kelli (Cory's mom and Wesley's mom) came to the rescue and took the kids so my mom could come to the hospital for the birth. Calliegh isn't even 24 hours old and we have received so many nice gifts and such love from everyone. We really appreciate every one's help and support. Everyone is invited to come over and see Calleigh whenever. We should be home every night this week.
Xavier was so proud to take his little sister to school this morning. He carried her around the class and showed her off to all his friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's BEAUTIFUL!! So very glad to hear everything went well, from the labor, to your Mom's and friends ability to help, and for the safe arrival of dear Calleigh!
Certainly helps to have a plump start to life?! I know you'll be busy-busy now (as if you weren't before), but it looks like her siblings are proud as punch with their new sister. Hope to see you all soon!
Love,
Laurel
p.s. Let's hear it for a 7-seater mini-van!

Andrea with the Flipflops said...

Oh she is perfect! I can't wait to hold her and love on her! Congrats on giving birth to a 2 month old! Holy hugeness or what! LOL.

We can't wait to see her.