Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Corrections

I got a job!!! After months and months of interviews, and waiting, and interviews, and waiting I am pleased to say I have officially started my training as a correctional officer. I am part way through my online training and will begin my 2 months of full time school in a couple weeks. I will be working in one of the 4 federal prisons in our area. To be honest I am completely terrified. Strangely enough it is not the actual job that scares me it is the fact that I will be working at least full time ( there is a lot of opportunity for overtime) and still have to keep up with life!! I have never really had a real job and I'm crossing my fingers, hoping I'll be able to do it. The training so far hasn't been too difficult but I am having a little trouble remembering how to learn things. Luckily I have quite a few friends in corrections and one really close friend who just finished her training so the support is definitely there. I probably won't be blogging much because once this online stuff is done I'll be at school full time. I'll try to post some pics every once in a while but I can't promise anything ;-)

6 comments:

Maguiresaunt said...

Way to go Jennifer! :o)

cathy said...

Congratulations!! I am very happy for you!

Brandi said...

Congratulations! I am sure you will do wonderfully! Go scare those inmates!

Jill Petersen said...

That's good news! We will miss you but we all know how busy life gets! I hope enjoy working! I know what you mean- I haven't had a "real" job so it would be intimidating!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am excited for you that you got a job, but am going to miss you blogging.

debi9kids said...

Congrats on the job and hopefully we can still keep up somehow....