Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thanksgiving





Sunday was a crazy, crazy day. We got up at about 6:30am to have breakfast and get out the door by 8:00am and begin our journey out to Vancouver. We made it out the door almost in time but had to stop at Starbucks for an Americano in order for me to survive the long drive! The kids did great in the car for the hour and a half drive to my dad's house. We had a really great non traditional Thanksgiving brunch and a wonderful visit. Sorry, no pictures I thought I had forgotten my camera.
We packed the kids back in the van and headed to my moms house so I could whip up a veggie casserole and get the kids changed for a more traditional Thanksgiving early dinner at Orin and Betty's house. The dinner was amazing, just thinking about it is making my mouth water. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins and we had a nice visit with all the rest of the family.
In the evening we rolled ourselves back into the van and headed down to Carl's parents for another delicious, completely homegrown, dinner. We had a great visit and managed to get home before 9:00pm!
It was a great day filled with so many things to be thankful for!

No comments: