Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not so happy Burthday

Carl's birthday has come and gone with nothing special top show for it from me. I feel terrible but nothing worked out today. I tried to make a really good dinner but was missing a major piece for our indoor grill and couldn't cook the chicken. I made really cute little angel food cupcakes but got distracted and burnt them to a crisp. By the time Carl got home everyone had been out in the sun too long leaving them hot and sweaty and miserable. To add insult to injury Xavier and Klausine wouldn't stop talking about the fact we didn't buy daddy a present.

"I'm sorry OK...grrrr. Mommy has no money or time to buy daddy a present don't worry about it. We are going to grandma's on Sunday and she has lots of presents for him. Now please do not talk about it anymore or mommy is going to lose it."

Anyway after a very special McDonald's dinner we came home. Luckily Carl's parent surprised us and stopped by with a nice tomato plant and some fruit.

"Are you happy now, daddy has a present. Let's not talk about it anymore. It's bed time now."
"But we didn't..."
"Shhh! Go brush your teeth and get into bed"
"But mommy..."
Teeth clenched "Yes..."
"Can't we have cake?"
"GO TO BED!!"

Deep breath...ahh much better.
I want it to be tomorrow now. I hate feeling bad like this. Poor guy. Oh well. Posting this picture of him will make me feel better.

Happy Birthday Carl, I'll try again next year! Love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's some picture! (Does Carl know it's out there for all the world to see...?)

You can always pick a different night to try again - no need to wait a whole year!

Anonymous said...

Can you please post that pic of Carl on my bday too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARL!