Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Last trip to the hospital

I took Calleigh out to my family Dr. to see what we could do about finding out what is wrong with her. He sent me right over to Surrey Memorial to see a pediatrition. Off I went with all the kids, by my self, to see what I hope is the last hospital Dr. for Calliegh. I should also mention when we were at the Dr. Georgia got her 3 one year shots. So we got there and they ran some not so pleasant tests and we waited. It is very difficult to sit and wait with five kids. There were toys for them to play with but after a while they were fighting over them. There was a little girl playing in the waiting room who had just had her tonsils out. She had an IV and Georgia kept almost tripping over it. I was sweating wothin half an hour of being there. Eventually I called Carl who had just gpt home from work and asked him to come meet me. I had no idea how long we would be waiting and I was starting to loose it! To be honest the kids were behaving very well I think it was just the whole situation putting me on edge. Eventually they got most of the test results back and they were all negative. We are still waiting on the whooping cough results but I think that is pretty unlikely. When Carl got there they were telling me I could go home. He was less than impressed and I was way too emotional and tired to handle his mood well. Calleigh hadn't eaten in six hours so after paying for parking I pulled over on the side of the road and fed her. We eventually made it home at about 7:30, gave the kids a bagel and put them to bed. I fed Calleigh I went to bed myself. What a day!
So I should say this pediatrition thinks she just had a virus and says they can take months to really go away. There is nothing we can do but wait and watch carefully that she isn't getting any worse. Knowing my kids she will end up getting sick again before she gets over this one!

1 comment:

Andrea with the Flipflops said...

Girl you so need to take my number with you or start dropping kids off to me! Are you nuts... heck I was starting to freak just thinking of keeping my own kids entertained while they did the test!!!! Lucky we have great kids, cause that sure is asking a lot of the little people.